Practice Group Detail CenterWomen's Initiative
The ALFA International Women’s Initiative Practice Group (WIPG) serves as the central forum for the female attorneys of ALFA International to network and share best practices concerning the profession and business of law. With participation by over 130 attorneys from 75 ALFA International law firms, this group is well positioned to facilitate meaningful networking and business development opportunities for women attorneys across the organization and into the corporate business community. The goals are direct; share knowledge of best practices, confront many of the unique challenges in this profession, and build and strengthen meaningful business and network relationships.
The WIPG works towards:
- Furthering business development and referral opportunities amongst WIPG members,
- Creating an environment for leadership development and training for WIPG members
- Finding enhanced opportunities for participation by WIPG members across the ALFA International organization
- Creating networking and relationship building events specifically for WIPG members and women in-house counsel and groups.
- Providing a forum for discussion and sharing of best practices and strategies that foster the continued professional success of women attorneys across ALFA International law firms
Each practice group within ALFA International has a WIPG liaison who will encourage and facilitate continued focus on the objectives of the WIPG at the practice group level. The group encourages female leadership within the organization at all levels.
With monthly conference calls, the group discusses programs, opportunities and strategies to build into the future. A listserve and a group site on LINKEDIN for members are available to keep information flow current and interactive. A strong emphasis is placed on having a WIPG event included in each of the overall practice group seminars hosted by ALFA International. These events have included educational and networking breakfasts as well as cocktail receptions with woman clients from across the United States and around the globe.
The Group co-hosted a seminar with ACC Chicago on October 20, 2011 at the Westin River North in Chicago, IL. For more information regarding this program please click on the link below. Several ALFA International practice groups will also be hosting WIPG events at their respective practice group conferences throughout 2012.